2 pounds mussels
2 cups farm house style beer
4 ounces Cascadilla Bleu
1 garlic clove
2 carrots, diced fine
2 celery stalks, diced fine
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup chopped green olives
1 thinly sliced roasted red pepper
2 Tbl parsley, chopped fine
2 Tbl butter
Black pepper to taste
1. Rinse mussels, removing beards if present.
2. Peel and chop garlic. Place in pan over medium heat with butter, carrots, celery, onion and half the parsley. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the beer, stirring to combine for 2 minutes. Then stir in the mussels.
4. Turn the heat to high and put a lid on the pan and allow the mussels to cook until the shells open, about 5 minutes.
6. Turn heat to low. Stir in the Cascadilla Bleu so that it melts into the beer sauce. Stir in the olives and pepper.
7. Serve topped with the remaining parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Allison Lakin of Lakin’s Gorges cheese.