Yield: 6 servings
- 1 lb Maine Dayboat Scallops, fresh or frozen (if frozen, thaw according to package instructions)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter, coconut oil or ghee
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried red chile flakes
- In a medium bowl, mix together 1/4 cup olive oil, the lime juice, soy sauce, cilantro, chile flakes and garlic. Sprinkle the scallops with salt and pepper. Add the scallops to the marinade, cover with plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the 1 tablespoon of butter, coconut oil or ghee in medium, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the scallops from the marinade, discard the marinade, and place the scallops in the skillet. Sear until lightly browned and cooked to desired doneness, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Adapted from Food Network