- 2 pounds mussels
- 2 cups farm house style beer
- 4 ounces Cascadilla Bleu
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 carrots, diced fine
- 2 celery stalks, diced fine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green olives
- 1 thinly sliced roasted red pepper
- 2 Tbl parsley, chopped fine
- 2 Tbl butter
- Black pepper to taste
- Rinse mussels, removing beards if present.
- Peel and chop garlic. Place in pan over medium heat with butter, carrots, celery, onion and half the parsley. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the beer, stirring to combine for 2 minutes. Then stir in the mussels.
- Turn the heat to high and put a lid on the pan and allow the mussels to cook until the shells open, about 5 minutes.
- Turn heat to low. Stir in the Cascadilla Bleu so that it melts into the beer sauce. Stir in the olives and pepper.
- Serve topped with the remaining parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Allison Lakin of Lakin's Gorges cheese.