- Heat a cast iron Dutch oven on a hot grill (or stove top or in the oven works too).
- Add some garlic and a splash of white wine
- Line the bottom of the cast iron with pine boughs.
- Let it heat up until it smells fragrant, and then dump the mussels on top and dry roast until they open, shaking the cast iron from time to time.
- Squeeze fresh limes over the mussels and dab with butter.
Serve with pasta or on their own with fresh.
Recipe courtesy of Ret Talbot. Check out his wife Karen's beautiful angler's pints.