- ¼ cup coconut aminos (may substitute soy sauce)
- 1-2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1-2 teaspoons sesame oil (depends on how much you like sesame)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 scallions, sliced (white and green parts)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. Downeast Dayboat scallops
- salad greens (spinach, arugula, lettuce)
Combine first six ingredients in a jar and shake well. Let sit at room temperature for at least an hour.
Melt oil (or oil and butter) in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Pan sear scallops for 2-3 minutes on the first side, then flip to sear the second side for one minute before adding the sauce. Let the sauce reduce as the scallops cook to desired doneness.
Place scallops on greens and pour sauce over all.
Note: do not crowd the pan when cooking the scallops. You want there to be at least 3/4 inch of empty pan between the scallops.